When ready, each baby will progress to the Toddler room. This journey will be made as easy as possible for both child and parent through discussions with your old and new key worker. At the start of your child’s transition into the Toddler room, they will be provided with a little more structure than they previously had in the Wobbler room.
The Toddler room is purposely designed to provide an area that encourages your child to move from Solitary play to Parallel play and to discover and explore in a safe environment.
The design features include:
- Communication throughout the day is also essential to support this; great chats can be had as speech is developing fast.
- Social interaction encourages development of linguistic and communication skills, group time can be extremely valuable, its gives our staff here at Dimples the opportunity to spend time with the children together, while doing arts and crafts, songs or flashcards
- Your child’s emotional and social development is supported within the room through use of role play equipment and with the childcare professionals who care for your child each day.
- The staff in our Toddler Room will prepare your child to the best of their ability to ensure they are ready to make the next step into the Pre-School Room.
- Fresh air is essential in their day-to-day routine and we avail of our garden as much as is possible throughout the day.
- A timetable of activities will be posted on the notice board in the Toddler room. However this timetable can be adapted to meet the individual needs of each child.
- Daily diaries will be kept for each child to keep the parents/guardians informed of their child’s routine.